Brian Myers, At-Large
Brian Myers was elected to the City Council At-Large position in the primary election on February 6, 2018. Brian serves as the City Council Finance/Audit representative.
Brian is a 1996 graduate of Savannah High School and has a BS in Marketing Management from WGU. Brian owns and operates two businesses in downtown St. Joseph with his wife and partner, Amy Heath. They opened the Lucky Tiger, a vintage clothing and vinyl record store, in 2012. In 2015, Brian and Amy opened The Tiger's Den, a combination bookstore and cocktail lounge. Brian has also worked as a radio DJ, podcast host and standup comedian. Brian has one child, his son Torrin.
As a council member, Brian wants to create and implement a long term strategic plan for the city that will focus on job creation, increased tourism, and better retention of our greatest assets; the young men and women of our city."
While in office, Brian will be dedicated to:
- Increasing the pay and benefits of our fire and police departments.
- Implementing a municipal anti-discrimination policy.
- Establishing a municipal land bank, so that we can address the array of problems that vacant structures create for St Joseph.
- Dedicate the time and efforts to rebuild a healthy and strong working relationship with the St. Joseph School District.
- Create and implement municipal trash and recycling services.
- Work with city, county and state officials to address the roots of our growing crime problems: poor mental health, addiction and generational poverty.
Phone Number: (816) 273-3108
Email Brian Myers